Monday, July 19, 2010

My Peeps

I discovered something about me this weekend.

When my "peeps" are not in their rightful places, I don't deal well. I deal in my typical way: they are out having a life (which usually equals fun) without me and I have no life except this damn diet and screw the diet - I'm eating my nachos!

Well, that's it in a nutshell anyway (sorry for the swearing Mom). Last week my boss, my sister and her family, and my weekend buddy who I do just about everything with were all out of town. Out of town doing really cool things.

And I was here NOT doing cool things. NOT even doing things I SHOULD be doing.

And so I ate and whined and ate and slept and ate and complained. And ate.

(Ooh, I'm a catch, aren't I?!?)

Anyway, I was desperately trying to figure out where my motivation went, why I was sabotaging myself and this weight loss regime, and why I couldn't get a grip.

I need my peeps.

And my peeps (most of them anyway) are back.

Diet is back on!

No comments: