Thursday, July 1, 2010

Epic FAIL

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (I'm a Mormon). One of the programs our Church has is the Visiting Teaching program. This is where two women are assigned to visit 1-3 women each month, give a lesson, and just offer encouragement and help when needed. This way everyone in the ward (congregation) is made aware of and someone is always thinking and/or taking care of them (it's such a nice program).

I have two lovely visiting teachers: Nicole and Tiffany.

Here is what Nicole brought me yesterday:


An entire loaf of homemade white bread, and it was still hot from the oven. This was at 6:00 p.m. last night. They left my house around 7:00 p.m. last night.

As of 6:00 a.m. this morning, that same loaf of bread looked like this:


Right next to this pan are these:


One does not get to weigh 231 by accident. I can eat. And I can eat homemade white bread like there is NO TOMORROW.

Sadly, tomorrow came (it's today) and my belly is full full full of this delicious stuff. I should totally feel guilty. I really should.

But I don't because it was THAT good and what's on my mind right now is knowing that it's waiting for me at home.

Epic fail for my diet, epic win for the visiting teaching program!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi Tara!!! I love that you are blogging again. That entire loaf would have been gone if it were brought to me. So pat yourself on the back for only eating half!!!

Nicole said...

Sorry to blow your diet! But I'm glad you enjoyed the bread...look at it this way, it's better than cookies! :)

Natalie said...

Tara,

I made two different kinds of cookies last night at about 8:00pm - Coconut Macaroons and Coconut Cookies...as of right now 3:07pm the next day...there are only about 6 macaroons left. (Each recipe made about 2 dozen cookies.) My point: I SO get it! :) Clint and I really need to do better at portion control when it comes to sweets. (And really yummy things like homemade bread!)
Thanks for sharing your successes (and failures!) with us! You are doing great!